An Introduction to Your Appointment
CLEAR Center of Health is a state-of-the-art Integrative Medical Center located in beautiful downtown Mill Valley, California. Our unique setting with its skylights, plants and artistic elements has the ambiance of a luxurious retreat rather than a medical clinic and helps shape our healing environment.
If you are interested in becoming one of our patients please call our new patient coordinator for assistance (415-388-5520 #2). One of our staff members will be happy to answer any of your questions and schedule your appointment.
Our staff is trained to address your questions and concerns and recommend the best practitioner based on your unique health needs and the individual doctor’s specialties and expertise. Additionally, Dr. Tenney and Dr. Sinatra offer a complimentary 10 minute phone consultation to discuss your case, answer your questions, and share their individual philosophies on health and healing.
Your first appointment at CLEAR is in-depth and comprehensive. In order to deliver the best care we recommend you bring the following to your first appointment:
- Recent (within the last 30 days) lab work (blood tests, saliva tests, etc.) and relevant medical notes (HIPAA requirements mandate that copies of tests and notes from other physicians can only be released with your written request)
- Nutritional supplements you are currently taking
- Information or the prescriptions bottles for medications you are currently taking or have taken in the recent past
- List of symptoms, concerns, and questions
New patient appointments costs vary depending on the physician you schedule with. Please contact our office for more information about Beth McDougall, M.D.’s practice and fees as they are based on the complexity of the case.
During your first visit the following will be reviewed:
- Current symptoms
- Past social and medical history
- Family history
- Diet and lifestyle
- Current and past medication/supplement history
- You expectations and desired wellness
- Review of recent diagnostic/lab reports if you have them
- Concerns and questions (*Your provider may also perform a physical exam)
- At the conclusion of your visit the provider will create a treatment plan for you that may include additional testing, customized IV therapies, supplements, diet modifications and/or prescription medications.
Upon check out after your initial appointment our staff will:
- Review your treatment plan and answer additional questions you might have.\
- Collect the supplements that have been prescribed if you choose to purchase them at CLEAR Center.
- Provide you with an itemized receipt of the fees you have paid.
- Create a super bill for your insurance (upon request).
- Set up your secure patient portal link so that you may review your documents, message the office, request/cancel appointments, view scheduled appointments etc.
- Schedule a follow up appointment per your providers’ request. *If you have labs drawn, you must schedule an appointment to review them with your provider.
*We offer lab draws in our office as a convenience for our patients for a $35 fee. These can be drawn at check out or scheduled for a later date. We can also provide you with a lab requisition if you chose to have them done at an outside lab. *Please let our staff know which lab you will be using so that we can request the completed reports.
If lab work or other testing is required there will be additional charges. Most laboratories bill insurance directly. Some labs do not offer direct insurance billing. We do not bill for labs in our office. All lab billing is done by the laboratory.
We are an out of network PPO Provider. We do not bill insurance directly, we do provide an insurance super-bill upon request that you may send to your health insurance provider for direct reimbursement. All fees are due and payable at the time of your visit.
*To find out how much your insurance company will pay for out of network providers, call the customer service number on the back of your health insurance card.
At your follow up visit you can expect to:
- Review your current symptoms
- Review your diet and lifestyle changes
- Review any labs/diagnostic reports
- Make necessary changes to your current plan based on the above
Please note that we have a 48 business-hour cancellation policy (we are not open Fri, Sat or Sun). Therefore, providing as much notice as possible will help us to accommodate your changes. If less than 48 business-hour notice is given, and we are unable to fill the appointment, you are responsible for 100% of the appointment cost.
Mill Valley is just 10-15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. There are two flights of stairs leading up to CLEAR Center.
If you have any questions, please call 415-388-5520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you. We look forward to meeting you and providing support and knowledge on your path toward greater health and optimal wellness.
Clear Center of Health
Clear Center of Health
Mill Valley, 94941
9am – 12:30pm
1:30pm – 5pm